Getting your carpets cleaned by a professional carpet technician will increase your carpet's lifespan and save you money in the long run. Steam cleaning (also known as hot water extraction) cleans out particles that are buried and impossible for a vacuum to remove.
ADM carpet technicians will develop a customizable maintenance program based on the amount of traffic and type of soiling which vary by area and weather conditions. Below is a sample chart:
- Light traffic: private offices & cubicles
- Medium traffic: shared offices, interior hallways & conference rooms
- Heavy traffic: entrances, elevators, main hallways, break rooms, work/copy rooms & mailrooms
- Light traffic: Bedrooms
- Medium traffic: Family room & Playrooms
- Heavy traffic: Entrances, hallways, area rugs & Mudrooms
In House General Tips for Carpet Maintenance
Clean up spills and food as quickly as possible. The faster you are able to remove a substance, the less time it has to be absorbed by carpet fibers;
Periodically move heavy furniture to prevent carpet crushing. Moving furniture around can also redirect walking traffic so that one area of carpeting does not get worn thin;
To prevent color fading, close blinds or shades on windows to prevent direct sunlight from shining on one area for a prolonged period of time;
Place rugs & mats outside of nearby doors to prevent dirt and grit;
Vacuum at least once a week.